Technische Universität Dresden (TUD)
The Technische Universität Dresden (TUD) is one of the largest “Technische Universitäten” in Germany and one of the leading and most dynamic universities in Germany. As a full-curriculum university with 18 faculties in five schools it offers a broad variety of 122 disciplines and covers a wide research spectrum. Its focuses of Biomedicine, Bioengineering, Materials sciences, Information technology, Microelectronics as well as Energy and Environment are considered exemplary in Germany and throughout Europe.
LL.M. in Intellectual Property Law
The LL.M. programme is a one-year postgraduate course leading to a LL.M. degree. There are only a limited number of places available in order to ensure high-quality mentoring. The programme is unique in offering participants not only a practice orientated specialization in the field of Intellectual Property Law, but also the opportunity to acquire an excellent knowledge of foreign languages and legal terminology.
Location: Dresden (summer semester), Exeter, Krakow, London, Prague, Seattle, Strasbourg or Szeged (winter semester)
Number of Places/Students per year: 20 students
Duration: 1 year
Price/Fee: 2.400 EUR + administration fee TU-Dresden: 257,90 EUR (summer semester) + 82,10 (winter semester); Different tuition fee for the partner universities
Scholarships: Students studying in Strasbourg and Prague usually benefit from an ERASMUS grant of approximately €200 per month for the period in which they are abroad. Scholarships for study abroad are also given by a number of foundations to highly qualified applicants.
Accommodation: no information provided yet
- completed application form
- letter of motivation in English
- Curriculum Vitae in English (in tabular form) with photo
- certified copy of certificates providing evidence of language skills
- certified copy of degree certificate from the home university
- copy of certificate from high school advanced level
- evidence of other qualifications (see application form)
Applications may be submitted at any time, at the latest:
- January 15: starting your studies the following April (summer semester)
- May 15: starting your studies the following September (winter semester)
The one-year programme is divided into four parts.
- the autumn term (October-January), students study at one of the partner universities in Exeter, Krakow, London, Prag, Seattle, Strassbourg and Szeged.
- February and March: students complete an internship of 4 - 6 weeks in Germany or abroad.
- Students spend the summer term, starting in April, at the Technische Universität Dresden.
- July-September: students have to complete a final thesis.
Beginning in the winter term 2018/2019, students at the University of Dresden will have the chance to attend lectures, working classes and the practitioner panel either in English or German.
This LLM programme offers an in-depth approach to intellectual property, enabling its students to act as lawyers for international and national law firms, as well as advisers in their home countries on this matter.
Tel.: +49 351 463-37392
By Alin-Ionuț Badea